Frozen Water. Mmmmm...

So I had this little idea when I hosted a few friends for brunch on Sunday morning before church.

Before the little idea, let me just say how fun that was! I have over one of my favorite couples, and then also ITT, and we had some eats, and some coffee, and morning laughs. More on the brunch later, but we walked to church and it was a fine little morning.

The night before I was prepping for what I would serve and had literally zero room in the refrigerator to put the big jug of water I needed to chill.

Hmmmm…

Ever since I went to Europe to visit CP (CP!) in the Fall of 2007, I have only served water from old wine bottles when I entertain at my house. So I experimented.

I poured in two inches of water in to each bottle, and stood them up in the freezer overnight. By morning they were totally frozen and I now had a two inch block of ice to help chill the water.


When I got some things out of the fridge to cook, I had room for the water, but it definitely didn’t chill all the way. The ice blocks helped, and made for a good conversation piece too!

Try is some time, just make sure that whatever you’re using – preferably and old wine bottle – it has a smaller top than bottom, or the ice block could slip out!!

3 comments:

k said...

I love the idea as using old wine bottles as pitchers!

Anonymous said...

I said it then and I'll say it now: brilliant! LOVE this idea! I just might flatter you by copying it. :) (BTW thanks for having me over for brunch - you were certainly the hostess with the mostess)

Christy Parker said...

Ohh! Ingenous you are...I shall start using the frozen water trick immediately! Glad that I had such a fabulous impact! talk to you SOON!