Glen Echo Echo Echo Park

One of my favorite things about living in Washington, DC is that I am constantly finding new places that I didn't even know existed. And I say this being a pretty adventerous Saturday-without-a-map kind of person.

I remember when I discovered Middleburg, VA and was so happy - new town, new feel, new experiences (new antique shops!).

Along those lines, a few weeks ago I was visiting the opening of a friend's photo exhibit and thought I was just going to some building or strip mall with a studio in it. Couldn't have been further from it!

I arrived at the address, which ended up being Glen Echo Park right on the Maryland border. I'm not really sure how to describe the park except that it feels like you just stepped into the 1950's - from the buildings, to the decor, the feel, the rides, the swing dance hall. It's wonderful.



The exhibit was a sucess so a few friends and I went over to an Irish bar right outside the park and spent hours on a beautiful spring night talking, drinking wine, cracking up, and enjoying each other's company.

But first while it was just dusk (hello, best time for building shots!) or a little before, I snapped some of the below. I could have taken pictures for much more time than I got even though it's not a big park.

Maybe another trip across the river for some more shots one of these days!





4 comments:

L said...

I love it there! Just discovered it a couple months ago and couldn't believe I'd never heard of it. Let's go back soon!

Kara said...

Are you kidding? That's Glen Echo Park? Gorgeous.

Or maybe it's just your pictures. Love the first and fourth ones especially!

Anonymous said...

Ahh that was definitely on my (very long) list of places I never went before I moved. But thankfully I now feel as if I've been. :)

Rhiannon Bosse said...

What a fun place! These photos are great :)