Framed "Art" Bulletin Boards


As I’ve mentioned before, my office is not just an office. No, no it’s not. It’s my sewing room, craft room, linen closet, office, guest room, and all-around only extra space. You can imagine how difficult it is to keep organized – it’s a constant battle, but I think one that I am currently winning.

While I like having an office space, I don’t want the guest bedroom to feel like an office, especially when people are staying over – I want it all to live happily together. Recently I’ve been trying to think of a fun way to help a bulletin board masquerade as something other than itself in that room, and I finally figured it out!

I found two inexpensive ($6.99 each at Garden Ridge) 11” x 11” frames in white. Then I purchased a 4-pack of 12” x 12” bulletin board squares (approximately $8 at Target). I popped the backing off the frame, cut the extra inch of two sides of the bulletin square, popped it back in where the glass used to be in the frame, replaced all the backing…

… and voila! My super cute new “bulletin boards” that will look great in the room, but be functional as well!
(And inexpensive! Each board ended up costing about $9, less than either a picture, art-piece, or regular old ugly bulletin board that size would cost.)

3 comments:

L said...

Where is there a Garden Ridge!?! I love!

Christy Parker said...

Another great addition! You forgot to mention that the office also doubles at MY room!

Kara said...

I was going to ask the same question.