Book Reports Due Friday

A friend has challenged me to read a book of his choice. That’s not the entire story – I may have challenged him, first, to read Case for Faith and offered that we could swap book recommendations and then get together and talk them through.

So here I am, reading Yes Man. He gave me a laundry list of reasons to not judge what he was going to give me, so I was prepared for it to be something super wacky. His caveats included:

* Not judging it by the cover
* That the book became a movie that was not only terrible, but didn’t represent the book well
* And a reinforcement that the movie and the book were nothing alike

So were the movie and the book alike? Oh. Guess not.

Anyway, I am on page, um, two. But only because I got interrupted when I turned the first page. I’ll let you know how it goes – I rarely read fiction and it doesn’t hold my attention very well, but I’ll do a book report (and maybe a diorama in a shoe box?!) when I’m through.

1 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

Aw, I LOVEd the movie! Such a perfect fall on your arse drinking movie ;) . I've heard the book is amazing and can't wait to read it as well! Hopefully I'll still like it since I actually DID like the movie.