When the Saints Go Marching In

“…I heard a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, “Alleluia! Salvation and glory and honor and power belong to the Lord our God!” Rev. 19:1


A good friends’ dad died tonight.

He had been in hospice for some time, suffering from liver disease.

I didn’t know Mr. P well, only a little bit over the last 10 years, so my sense of loss is really only for Amy and her family.

What an honor it was to know him even the little bit I did, though. He was…

**A good father, to three daughters, one with special needs.
**A hero, a veteran, and a POW in Vietnam for a significant amount of time.
**A man who once scoffed at the Cross, and then believing only in his “need to do right,” and who then became an evangelist, leader, and a living testimony to God’s grace.

He is home. I can only begin to imagine the welcome home party the angels are throwing for him tonight.

0 comments: