Meet Lilly


Yes, I named a buffet. Though, I do name most things in my life – cameras, cars, houses, you name its.

Lilly is a new lovely buffet that turned out to be just the right piece I needed to complete my kitchen. Remember where that white bookcase was in the itty bitty eat-in part of the room? Now Lilly occupies that space nicely!


I saw her at a Middleburg antique and consignment shop, and it was love at first sight. The piece was on sale because the shop was moving down the road to a new location, and though I knew it would need a fresh coat of paint, it was the exact thing I’ve been looking for.

No wonder I couldn’t decide on anything for so long… there was a one-of-a-kind piece just waiting for me to adopt it!


Do you just adore the pretty detail on the front panel door? And the original knobs? Glass knobs might go on it eventually, but I am liking the metal originals at the moment. It is a bit too “shabby chic” for my taste, but for now with a table runner and accessories, Lilly fits in just right until another coat of paint gets thrown on!


*****

3 comments:

L said...

Did you fit everything in there that you wanted?

Anonymous said...

I love Lilly! You're right - she has been waiting a whole year for you to find her! Can't wait to see her in person.

Anonymous said...

Awww.....Lilly is beautiful!! What a find.