Go Upstairs

I’m back on the wagon to showing you all some of the little pieces of my house that are completed. But am realizing – 18 months after buying this place – that it really does never end!

This is a shot up the stairs (duh!) from my first to my second floor. I bought the tin square you see at the top from Luckett’s Fair a few months ago. I had been looking for something for that wall for a long time, but hadn’t really seen anything that jumped out at me.




Sixty dollars later, and a great story about the old building it came out of in Brooklyn, and me and my tin ceiling tile were on our way.


A little more detailed...



I’ve often thought that maybe I should do something fun with the white part of my stairs. (Is it called the “rise?” If not, does it have an official name?) Any thoughts?

My crazy thoughts in the past have been… paint them a fun color. Do some sort of paint stencil treatment. Just clean them up and fix the chips and nicks in the white paint. That’s as far as I’ve gotten.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you could do stencil in the shape on the tin square? maybe in a very light color so it is not too much.

L said...

I vote for a fun color! What about yellow? Bright and cheery and a great accent to your turquoise/blues. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh I love the tin! Perfect placement! And I'm with L on the yellow risers! I would suggest wallpaper but that would be a beast of a project!