Thanks for Having Me Back

My, my, my. What a whirlwind few weeks I’ve had. And a few weeks that I’ve ignored this little blog.

More than a few. Okay, you’ve got me.

This week isn’t over yet for me, but I had a mini-meltdown this week over work and after a few days past that I think I’m getting back to that point where I realize the job just isn’t everything. It’s not. But I forget that so often.

I don’t really know how I got there either – I had/have a workaholic dad who worked constantly, and I always vowed to not be like that. Yes we had everything we needed and more growing up, but I wanted to get out more, enjoy life more, have people over for dinner often. And here I am, not having eaten anything but cereal in my own home for the last three or four weeks and looking around at a month of piled up mail, and a disaster that some people would call laundry.

But sometimes it takes a bit of a meltdown to clear the mind – right? Let’s hope so.

Onward.

This week ended a full week of travel that started in Chicago, went straight to St. Louis, and then on to Asheville, NC for the remaining three days. And guess what. No, guess.

I didn’t check luggage. That’s right – I’m a girl, I traveled to cold, sort of cold, and cold again, and I had everything for a week of living in carry-ons. You’re impressed, I knew you would be.

One of the great things is that I got tons of pictures from the St. Louis trip, so you’ll be seeing some sweet Halloween shots of our little baby friend Elise soon:).

Glad to be back.

0 comments: