Listography

Do you write lists like I do?

I make lists. List of what needs to be done on the weekend, lists for groceries and errands, lists for packing, lists for work, lists of projects that need to be done to and around the house.

Lists.

Then I make lists of lists, i.e. House, Grocery, Weekend. That’s what would be on a list of a list.

In fact, I have often started journals that are just about life, and I’ve tried the prayer journal, or other types of journals, but can never keep it up past a week. A few years ago I realized one day that I just am not a journaler – and that’s okay!

You don’t have to write in paragraphs and long pages to record your life in writing! And thankfully, there is something to help with that.

One day – in fact, I remember the day, it was the night of my first Psalms summer class and I needed a quick new notebook at Barnes & Noble – I happened to run across this just life gem:

Listography has been one of my favorite little pieces of Stacey World the last few months. Occasionally I take it out and try to add a few things, flipping through the pages here and there.

Essentially it’s just a book – or journal of sorts – and on every page is a new question or statement, and then a bunch of lines below it so you can LIST out the answers! Same questions and categories include:

People I have loved…
Pets I’ve had…
My favorite movies…
Places I have kissed someone…
My favorite meals…
Countries I’ve visited…
People that have hurt me…

As you can see, some are light, some are not. I have teared up at more than one answer I’ve written – and I’ve had a happy memory that made me giggle at the same number.

Sometimes you just find one of those little things that makes you so happy – Listography is one for me!

3 comments:

L said...

I love this! I'm going to have to find a copy for myself.

Christy Parker said...

oohhh...i do believe listography is for me too!

Anonymous said...

I love lists too! But ever since my dayplanner went the way of the iPhone, I haven't been as good about them...which may explain my drop in productivity?!? Is there a list for people you have lived with??? I better get a gold star next to my name on that one! :)