Magazine Heaven

What magazines do you read?

Don’t even get me started on the rise and fall of Domino. Sigh. It could bring a tear to my eye even now, thinking about how good the day was that I’d come home and see a Domino sticking out of my cute little mailbox.

Now they’ve replaced it with Glamour. I mean, okay, fine, but I don’t WANT Glamour… I want Domino.

So around Christmas, you know, when I can’t think of anything else to tell my mom for ideas she wants to give my aunts and uncles, I give her loads of magazine subscription ideas. In my alternate universe mind, where my overactive imagination is king, I imagine that some day I will be a magazine executive in a penthouse office in Manhattan, yelling like the editor that I am that “this page just does NOT go here, can’t you feel it?! It’s just not right here!”

I love the magazines – this we now know.

Right now I’m subscribed to Glamour (as per previous whine), Real Simple, In Style, MotorTrend, and Newsweek. For some reason it feels like a lot more, quite possibly since I let them pile up for months before I get a chance to read them.

What should I add to the collection? I know I’m re-upping MotorTrend and In Style. Should I be getting Martha Stewart Living? I usually just buy it at the grocery, but I should probably start getting it at home. I’m also considering Southern Living, Time, Elle Decor and maybe People Style Watch.



(Just LOOK at some of these covers - they are so tempting I want them all.)

Suggestions, please!

4 comments:

L said...

I love Elle Decor (I subscribe), House Beautiful, People Style Watch (although it makes me want to go shopping) and Martha Stewart Living. It's sad that I have to make such a point to actually sit down and read these mags that I WANT to read. That's why I don't subscribe to more . . but then I end up buying them at the grocery store anyway. :)

Anonymous said...

I have a HUGE pile of unread magazines just waiting for Christmas break...subscribing to them all are musts for me, as you know. :)

My picks: Martha, House Beautiful, Elle Decor, Traditional Home, Southern Living, Country Living, In Style, and (UGHHHHHH) Glamour. I really want to ask for Canadian House & Home ($$$) because it is very Domino-esque! I think you'd love Elle Decor and CH&H!! Maybe Country Living too (you'd be surprised!).

All I can say is long live Domino, Cottage Living, and now Southern Accents! :(

Anonymous said...

(and I'll have you know...I got 5, yes 5, new glossies in the mail while out of town for Thanksgiving...what's a girl to do?!?!)

Lisa said...

not that this will make your decision making any easier, but have you seen the deals on Amazon? they have several magazines on sale for $5 for a year subscription, and I think it counts for renewals too.