Revamping Some Zzzzz's

I think it's time for a new bed.


I've been avoiding this purchase for some time, being that my mattress is entirely comfortable, and frankly a new mattress, box spring, and bed are a pretty heft purchase. But, the last time Mom was in town, we figured out exactly how old my mattress was and.... let's just say... it's time.

I'm not sure why, but since I really like my sleep - and get entirely not nearly enough of it - this new mattress purchase feels like a really big deal. I've been sleeping in the same bed for a lot of years and it feels like a big upheaval! I'm actually hoping that the mattress I bought two years ago for my guest bedroom is still around and comes in a queen because THAT mattress is so comfortable that sometimes I sleep in the guest room! (Sorry, visitors, no, it's not only yours...)

The mattress is one thing....

... the bed is another. What in the world do I want to accompany my mirrored furniture, wood floor, and wonderfully taupe and grey walls? Right now I have this bed frame in mind, but in a dark wood, not in white. My lovely lovely lovely quilt that I am still absolutely obsessed with is a bright white, so the loveliness of the bed frame would certainly be lost with the white quilt. I just don't know! Decisions, decisions...

2 comments:

Desa said...

Let me know what you end up doing with the mattress ... we're thinking we need a new one and haven't liked the one we got when we moved back West! Did you do anything with your backyard yet???

Anonymous said...

I love the bed frame! I say do it - its curvy girly shape goes great with the glam mirrored furniture. And yes, The Girl, you need a new mattress! That other one is ancient!